1. Wash hands thoroughly before any contact with the piercing or jewelry.
Do not touch or rotate piercing or jewelry during the healing process UNLESS YOU ARE CLEANING IT!
2. Clean the piercing 3-6 times a day for the first 30 days with an alcohol free mouthwash(Crest, Listerine, Biotin).
3. To keep the swelling to a minimum it is best to use ice or a cold compress. An Anti-inflammatory (Ibuprofen, Alive or Motrin (NOT ASPIRON) can be also be used by following the directions on the bottle for the first few days.
4. Do not consume any alcohol or prescription pain pills for at least 48 hours because this can induce excess swelling which can lead to pain and possible and infection.
5. DO NOT use hand soap or any ointment because they can collect bacteria while leaving a waterproof residue that is unhealthy for a new piercing.
6.NO oral or sexual contact for at least two weeks. Transmission of bodily fluids can spread infection as well as std's.
1. Clean the piercing 2-3 times a day for the first 30 days with H2Ocean, NeilMed or a saline solution. This can be done with a saline- dipped Q-tip. If there's sight crustiness, just gently wipe it away.
2.DO NOT use alcohol, hydrogen peroxide because they can cause damage to healthy cells and cause scar tissue
3. After 30 days If your piercing starts to look irritated or starts to sit differently it'may be time time for a saline soak with H2OCEAN if thats not available see directions below. ***